What is DCNP?
The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) is a membership-based program of the DeKalb County Community Foundation. We work to increase the capacity of nonprofit organizations throughout DeKalb County through trainings and programming, access to resources, and professional development opportunities.
DCNP is guided by a Steering Committee representing the areas of art and culture, education, health and human services, advocacy, community development, and civic engagement.
Our role is to assist nonprofits as they carry out services that are vital to the quality of life of DeKalb County residents. We do this by:
- Offering training and professional development for nonprofit board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Increasing coordination, efficiency, and effectiveness of nonprofits and the resource providers who serve the nonprofit sector.
- Coordinating programs like the DCNP-NGOLD Internship Program which places undergraduate interns with DCNP-member nonprofit organizations.
- Conducting timely research on the nonprofit sector in DeKalb County.
- Providing opportunities for networking and informal discussion among nonprofit leaders such as our Leadership Brown Bag Lunches.
- Collaboratively planning an annual giving day to generate philanthropic donations to DCNP-member 501c3 nonprofits.
- Raising awareness about the role and importance of the nonprofit sector through advocacy, education, and communication.
The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership strengthens the nonprofit sector through leadership, professional development, and collaboration.