The Website Once-Over Opportunity is brought to you by the University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University and the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP). It’s a chance for DCNP members to receive an unbiased website review from NIU Honors students…and for these students to have a meaningful volunteer experience during a time of physical distancing due to COVID-19.
Depending on demand, there is no guarantee that we can accommodate everyone who expresses interest. Applications must be completed entirely to be considered. This opportunity is exclusively for DCNP members.
This application has closed.
Process & Deliverables
- DCNP members apply by September 11 to be considered
- NIU University Honors students will opt into this activity and receive training from NIU’s Division of Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications
- A student will review your organization’s website and provide feedback using a standardized form
- Reviews will focus on Structure and Navigation, Accessibility, Content, and Inclusive Language
- Each student will send their review along with recommendations to the organizational contact you provide in your application
- September 1: Application process opens
- September 11: Application deadline for DCNP members
- September 20: Deadline for students to opt in
- September 30: Training for students
- October 1-November 30: Students perform website reviews
- December 4: Deadline for students to share their reviews with organizations
Note: The student reviewer will receive training about common website best practices and certain things to look for before conducting a review. Please remember, these are undergraduate students from varying backgrounds. This is not a professional website audit. The goal is to provide you with an unbiased review of your website from the perspective of a student/young adult and to provide the student with a meaningful remote volunteer experience. Dates in timeline are subject to change.