NIU Career Fairs – Free for DCNP MembersJanuary 5, 2021
Intern Spotlight – Jalissa MurrayJanuary 7, 2021
The application deadline has passed – this application is currently closed.
Free Website Review from NIU Honors Students – Exclusively for DCNP Members!
The Website Once-Over Opportunity is brought to you by the University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University and the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP). It’s a chance for DCNP members to receive an unbiased website review from NIU Honors students…and for these students to have a meaningful volunteer experience during a time of physical distancing due to COVID-19. Even if your organization participated in the fall, you are welcome to apply again — especially if you have made website changes or simply if you want more feedback!
Process & Deliverables
- DCNP members apply by January 18 to be considered
- NIU University Honors students will opt into this activity and receive training from NIU’s Division of Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications
- A student will review your organization’s website and provide feedback using a standardized form
- Reviews will focus on Structure and Navigation, Accessibility, Content, and Inclusive Language
- Each student will send their review along with recommendations to the organizational contact you provide in your application
- January 7: Application process opens
- January 18: Application deadline for DCNP members
- February 5: Deadline for students to opt in
- February 9: Training for students
- February 12 – April 16: Students perform website reviews
- April 19: Deadline for students to share their reviews with organizations
Note: The student reviewers will receive training about common website best practices and certain things to look for before conducting a review. Please remember, these are undergraduate students from varying backgrounds. This is not a professional website audit. The goal is to provide you with an unbiased review of your website from the perspective of a student/young adult and to provide the student with a meaningful remote volunteer experience. Dates in timeline are subject to change.