Give DeKalb County 2021 ReportingJuly 23, 2021
Intern Spotlight – Emma HazenAugust 2, 2021
Exclusively for DCNP Members!
The Social Media Once-Over Opportunity is brought to you by the University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University and the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP). Based on the successful Website Once-Over Opportunity, this is your chance to receive an unbiased review of your organization’s Facebook page by NIU Honors students!
- Enhance Facebook pages of participating nonprofit organizations through structured, external feedback from students that have attended training on best practices.
- Provide students with a remote critical thinking/civic engagement experience and an opportunity to learn about local organizations.
Process & Deliverables
- Interested DCNP members must complete the application by September 1.
- NIU University Honors students will opt into this activity and receive training from NIU Division of Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications.
- A student will review your organization’s Facebook page and provide feedback using a standardized form.
- Each organization will also receive general social media best practices/tips.
- Each student will send their review along with recommendations to the organizational contact you provide in your application.
- August 3: Application process opens
- September 1: Application deadline for DCNP members
- September 10: Deadline for students to opt in
- September 17: Organizations notified
- September 22: Training for students
- November 30: Deadline for students to complete reviews
- December 4: Deadline for students to share their reviews with organizations
Note: The student reviewer will receive training about common social media best practices before conducting a review. Please remember, these are undergraduate students from varying backgrounds. This is not a professional social media audit and there is no guarantee the feedback will result in improved social media engagement. The goal is to provide you with an unbiased review of your Facebook page from the perspective of a student/young adult and to provide the student with a meaningful remote volunteer experience.
This is a competitive opportunity and there is no guarantee that we can accommodate everyone. Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.