Intern Alum Spotlight – Maalik PhillipsJanuary 4, 2023
Transformation Through RhythmJanuary 30, 2023
Free Website Review from NIU Honors Students – Exclusively for DCNP Members!
The Website Once-Over Opportunity is brought to you by the University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University and the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP). It’s a chance for DCNP members to receive an unbiased website review from NIU Honors students and for students to have a meaningful volunteer experience. Even if your organization participated in the past, you are welcome to apply again — especially if you have made website changes or simply want more feedback!
Process & Deliverables
- DCNP members apply by February 17
- NIU University Honors students opt into this activity and receive training from NIU’s Division of Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications
- A student reviews your organization’s website and provides feedback using a standardized form
- Reviews focus on Structure and Navigation, Accessibility, Content, and Inclusive Language
- Each student emails their review along with recommendations to the organizational contact provided in your application
- January 27: Application opens
- February 17: Application deadline for DCNP members
- February 17: Deadline for students to opt in
- February 22: Training for students
- February 27 – April 14: Students perform website reviews
- April 19: Deadline for students to share their reviews with organizations
Note: The student reviewers receive training about common website best practices and certain things to look for before conducting a review. Please remember, these are undergraduate students from varying backgrounds. This is not a professional website audit. The goal is to provide you with an unbiased website review from the perspective of a student/young adult and to provide the student with a meaningful remote volunteer experience. Dates in timeline are subject to change.