Intern Supervisor Spotlight – Habitat for Humanity of DeKalb CountyJune 1, 2023
Dollars & SenseJuly 10, 2023
NEW Matching Grant Exclusively for DCNP Members!
Future Leaders Internship (FLI) Grants provide matching funds for nonprofit and governmental DCNP members to support paid internships. Eligible organizations can apply for up to $500 (matched dollar for dollar) on a rolling basis.
Note: FLI Grants are separate from the traditional Internship Program. Please carefully consider the differences between the two before applying for either opportunity.
Priorities & Eligibility
- Nonprofit and governmental DCNP member organizations are eligible—preference given to 501(c)3 nonprofits.
- Successful applicants must be located in DeKalb County or primarily serve DeKalb County.
- Organizations may receive one FLI Grant per calendar year.
- Grant funds should be used within five months of receipt.
- Organizations apply electronically using the link above.
- There is no deadline to apply.
- The entire grant amount must passed on to the intern.
- It is the applicant organization’s obligation to recruit and hire interns.
- Interns can be from any major, any school, and any appropriate education level (e.g., high school, undergraduate, graduate).
- It is the applicant organization’s responsibility to determine compensation, hours, and to pay the intern according to applicable labor laws.
- Organizations that receive a FLI Grant must complete a final report within 30 days of internship completion (including a photo of the intern and testimonial quote).
Nondiscrimination Policy – Grantmaking
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.