Give DeKalb County TestimonialsNovember 9, 2023
Intern Spotlight – Uwimana FlorenceDecember 1, 2023
Exclusively for DCNP Members!
The Social Media Once-Over Opportunity is brought to you by the University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University and the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP). This is your chance to receive an unbiased review of your organization’s Facebook page by NIU Honors students!
- Enhance Facebook pages of participating nonprofit organizations through structured, external feedback from students that have attended training on best practices.
- Provide students with a remote critical thinking/civic engagement experience and an opportunity to learn about local organizations.
Process & Deliverables
- Complete the application to express your interest.
- NIU University Honors students opt into this activity and receive training.
- A student reviews your organization’s Facebook page and provides feedback using a standardized form.
- The student sends their review to the organizational contact you provide in your application.
The process occurs on a rolling basis and can take multiple months depending on interest, student recruitment, etc. Thank you for your patience!
Note: This is not a professional social media audit and there is no guarantee the feedback will result in improved social media engagement. The goal is to provide you with an unbiased review of your Facebook page from the perspective of a student/young adult and to provide the student with a meaningful volunteer experience.
Depending on demand, there is no guarantee that we can accommodate everyone who expresses interest. Applications must be completed entirely to be considered.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.