What is DCNP?
The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) is a membership-based program of the DeKalb County Community Foundation. We work to increase the capacity of nonprofit organizations in DeKalb County through training, programming, collaboration, access to resources, and professional development opportunities.
DCNP is guided by a Steering Committee representing the areas of art and culture, education, health and human services, advocacy, community development, and civic engagement.
The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership strengthens the nonprofit sector through leadership, professional development, and collaboration.
Our role is to assist nonprofit organizations as they carry out services that enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County. We do this by:
- Offering training and professional development for nonprofit board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Increasing coordination, efficiency, and effectiveness of nonprofits and the resource providers who serve the nonprofit sector.
- Coordinating initiatives like the Internship Program which places undergraduate interns with DCNP-member nonprofit organizations.
- Conducting timely research on the nonprofit sector in DeKalb County.
- Providing opportunities for networking and informal discussion among nonprofit leaders such as our Leadership Brown Bag Lunches.
- Collaboratively planning an annual giving day to generate philanthropic donations to DCNP-member 501(c)3 nonprofits.
- Raising awareness about the role and importance of the nonprofit sector through advocacy, education, and communication.
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249(c)(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, political affiliation, military service, physical or mental ability, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.