What is DCNP?
The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) is a membership-based program of the DeKalb County Community Foundation. We work to strengthen nonprofit organizations in DeKalb County through training, programming, collaboration, access to resources, and professional development opportunities.
DCNP is guided by a Steering Committee that represents our members. Specifically, the areas of art and culture, education, health and human services, advocacy, community development, philanthropy, and civic engagement are represented on the Steering Committee.
The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership strengthens the nonprofit sector through leadership, professional development, and collaboration.
Our role is to assist nonprofit organizations as they carry out services that enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County. We do this by:
- Offering training and professional development for nonprofit board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Leading an annual giving day – Give DeKalb County – to raise funds and awareness of DCNP-member 501(c)3 nonprofits.
- Providing grant funding to support the professional development of our members.
- Implementing initiatives like the Internship Program which places undergraduate interns with DCNP-member nonprofit organizations.
- Coordinating an annual conference – Nonprofit Day.
- Creating opportunities for networking and peer-learning among nonprofit leaders such as our Digital Marketing Meetups and Leadership Brown Bag Lunches.
- Conducting research on the nonprofit sector in DeKalb County.
- Increasing coordination and information sharing through monthly newsletters and regular communications to members.
- Raising awareness about the role and importance of the nonprofit sector through advocacy, education, and outreach.
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.