- This event has passed.
CLA Training: Strategic Planning for Small Organizations & Nonprofits
March 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
This workshop will serve as a “guided tour” of the practical techniques and fundamental components of strategic planning processes for small to medium government or non-profit organizations. The session will focus on introducing participants to the various elements that comprise a successful strategic planning process. Whether you’re in government or any kind of civic service organization, strategic plans are fundamental to progressive leadership and management. Topics will include how to’s on stakeholder input, environmental scanning, SWOT analysis, goal-setting, prioritization, communication and implementation.
- Explore the basic elements of the most common strategic planning approaches that apply to small and medium sized organizations
- Review how to use/implement the core components of strategic planning processes including the advantages and disadvantages to different components
- Learn how strategic planning fits into other organizational functions, such as budgeting and accountability
- Recognize the ways to coordinate a process by using outside resources or parts of your organization
- Identify steps to take for the all important element of implementation and the action planning phase of a thorough strategic planning process
Early Bird – $50 for DCNP members, $75 for non-members
Late Registration – $55 for DCNP members, $79 for non-members
Dr. Greg Kuhn, Assistant Director of Public Management and Training at the Center for Governmental Studies, Northern Illinois University
Melissa Henriksen, MPP, Research Associate at the Center for Governmental Studies, Northern Illinois University
View all Civic Leadership Academy training opportunities by viewing their 2018-19 brochure.