- This event has passed.
Leveraging Self-Awareness to Be a Better You
November 6, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Behavioral differences are a fact of life…using DiSC Assessment helps you and your team:
- Increase your self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes stress, and how you solve problems.
- Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members.
- Facilitate better teamwork and teach productive conflict.
- Develop stronger skills used when identifying and responding to donors/volunteers/supporters.
- Manage more effectively by understanding priorities of employees/volunteers/board members.
What is DiSC?
DiSC is a non-judgemental tool used to provide data and insights for discussion about people’s personalities. The DiSC model discusses four reference points of personalities: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness. By answering a series of questions via an online survey, a report is produced that provides information about your personality and behavior.
Who should attend?
This session is perfect for managers, supervisors, and executive directors. It is also perfectly appropriate for a board chair and an executive director to attend together! Volunteers and board members welcome. Feel free to register multiple people from your organization so you can learn together about each other’s personalities and how best to communicate in the future!
What is the process?
Please carefully review the details about this session outlined below:
- October 11 – registration deadline
- October 14 – participants are sent links to the DiSC assessment
- October 23 – deadline to complete the DiSC assessment so results can be processed before the workshop
- November 6 – workshop to discuss DiSC and your results
What is the cost?
FREE for DCNP members thanks to our partnership with Kishwaukee College and funding support from First Midwest Bank. This means the DiSC fee is waived and lunch is provided!
Rick Lochner, President, RPC Leadership Associates, Inc.