The Bonus Pool boosts donations made through Give DeKalb County. There are multiple benefits, most importantly:
- The entire Bonus Pool is distributed to participating nonprofits, providing valuable unrestricted funding.
- The Bonus Pool encourages more donations from donors because they know their gifts are boosted.
- Donations made online and by mail are eligible to leverage funds from the Bonus Pool—learn more about Ways to Give.
- It’s exciting! The vast majority of donors and organizations report that the Bonus Pool played a role in their decision to participate in Give DeKalb County.
How it Works
The Bonus Pool is awarded to all participating nonprofits based on the percentage of the Give DeKalb County grand total they raise. For example: If a nonprofit raises 2% of the grand total, they receive 2% of the Bonus Pool…if they raise 5% of the grand total, they get 5% of the Bonus Pool. Basically, the Bonus Pool ensures that donations go a little further during Give DeKalb County. No single organization may receive more than 7% of the total Bonus Pool in a given year.
Community Partners are those who contribute to the Bonus Pool. Being a Community Partner allows donors:
- Who have donated $250+ to be recognized on the Give DeKalb County homepage. All donors to the Bonus Pool are recognized on social media.
- To be part of a community event unlike any other.
- To be seen by tens of thousands of GiveDeKalbCounty.org visitors.
- To support ALL participating nonprofits.
Businesses, foundations, and individuals all make generous contributions to the Bonus Pool.
This year is the 10th Give DeKalb County and we invite you to join us as a 2023 Community Partner!
Contact Ben Bingle (email@example.com or 815-748-5383) to confirm or with questions.