What is DCNP?
The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) exists to help strengthen nonprofit organizations in DeKalb County. Stronger organizations that are effective, well-run, resilient, efficient, and sustainable can enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County – which is our ultimate purpose!
DCNP is a membership-based program of the DeKalb County Community Foundation. We offer members a wide-variety of benefits, such as training, access to resources, networking, and many different programs such as Give DeKalb County.
Mission & Leadership
Mission Statement: The DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership strengthens the nonprofit sector through leadership, professional development, and collaboration.
A Steering Committee advises DCNP, representing our members. The Steering Committee and various sub-committees provide leadership and input to set our strategic direction. DCNP is staffed by a Director and receives part-time assistance from the Community Foundation’s Grants and Community Initiatives Manager.
Our role is to assist nonprofit organizations as they carry out services that enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County. We do this by:
- Offering training and professional development for nonprofit board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Leading an annual giving day – Give DeKalb County – to raise funds and awareness of DCNP-member 501(c)3 nonprofits.
- Providing grant funding to support the professional development of our members.
- Implementing initiatives like the Internship Program which places undergraduate interns with DCNP-members.
- Coordinating an annual conference – Nonprofit Day.
- Creating opportunities for networking and peer-learning among nonprofit leaders such as our Marketing Meetups and Coffee & Conversation.
- Conducting research on the nonprofit sector in DeKalb County.
- Developing unique offerings such as the I.D.E.A. Initiative, Website Once-Over Opportunity, Social Media Once-Over Opportunity, and Ten Minute Talks to further support members.
- Increasing coordination and information sharing through monthly newsletters and regular communications to members.
- Raising awareness about the role and importance of the nonprofit sector through advocacy, education, and outreach.
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.