Raising Unrestricted Funds for DCNP-Members
Give DeKalb County (GDC) is a 24-hour giving day that has raised more than $1,204,140 for DCNP-member 501c3 nonprofits.
To participate in Give DeKalb County, the organization must be a DCNP-member 501c3 nonprofit. The following details are subject to change, depending on how giving days in DeKalb County evolve:
- GDC is held in early May on an annual basis.
- Organizations must be current DCNP-members to participate (DCNP membership is based on the calendar year).
- A bonus pool of funds is raised to boost the donations you receive.
- Organizations register themselves to participate—DCNP provides instructions and detailed information on how to get registered.
- Orientation and trainings are held to help participants get the most out of the giving day.
- Social media toolkits, icons, images, and more are provided to help boost your promotional efforts.
- Donations are received online via the giving day website and in-person at the DeKalb County Community Foundation (checks only).
- A fee is charged to participate—the fee is withheld from your final donation check so there is no need to pay it upfront.
Participation Fee Structure
|Operating Budget||Participation Fee|
Facts & Figures
|# of NPOs||37||44||68||83|
|# of donations||873||1,265||2,036||2,965|
|% of first time donors (online only)||40%||31%||32%||24%|
|# of states||22||25||30||33|
|# of countries||1||3||5||3|
|$ bonus pool||$20,000||$23,000||$103,750||$55,986|
|$ grand total||$119,443||$189,525||$428,297||$466,878|
A survey of donors who participated in GDC revealed:
- 67% of donors reported that GDC was their first time donating to one or more of the organizations to which they gave.
- 68% of donors said they planned to give additional donations later in the year after participating in GDC.
- 80% said the bonus pool was at least somewhat influential in their decision to donate.
GDC is a great way for nonprofits to attract new donors and maximize their fundraising efforts:
- 60% of participating organizations committed 20 or fewer staff hours on GDC and spent less than $50 promoting it.
- Yet, the average total amount received by these organizations was $4,951.
Questions about our giving day? Please contact us.