Raising Unrestricted Funds for DCNP Members
Give DeKalb County (GDC) is a 24-hour giving day that has raised more than $2.5 million for DCNP-member 501c3 nonprofits.
The following details are subject to change, depending on how giving days in DeKalb County evolve:
- GDC is held in early May on an annual basis.
- Organizations must be current DCNP-members to participate (DCNP membership is based on the calendar year).
- A bonus pool of funds is raised to boost the donations you receive.
- Organizations must register themselves to participate—DCNP provides instructions and detailed information on how to get registered.
- Orientation and trainings are held to help participants get the most out of the giving day.
- Social media toolkits, icons, images, and more are provided to help boost your promotional efforts.
- Donations are received online via the giving day website and in-person at the DeKalb County Community Foundation (cash/checks only for in-person donations).
- A fee is charged to participate—the fee is withheld from your final donation check so there is no need to pay it upfront.
Participation Fee Structure
|Operating Budget||Participation Fee|
Facts & Figures
|# of NPOs||37||44||68||83||91||104|
|# of donations||873||1,265||2,036||2,901||3,647||4,352|
|% of first time donors (online only)||40%||31%||32%||24%||42%||23%|
|# of states||22||25||30||33||23||43|
|# of countries||1||3||5||3||2||4|
|$ bonus pool||$20,000||$23,000||$103,750||$55,986||$61,915||$67,988|
|$ grand total||$119,443||$189,525||$428,297||$466,878||$614,555||$751,050|
"Thanks for having this event. It's one of my favorite days of the year. Love to see the generosity of our community blossom!"
"This day shows that despite some of our issues, we are a community who cares and gives."
"Love it! It promotes community awareness toward existing nonprofits AND provides financial assistance!"