Feedback to Enhance Your Website & Facebook Pages
We partner with the University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University to offer the Website Once-Over Opportunity (WOO) and the Social Media Once-Over Opportunity (SMOO), free of charge for DCNP members! These opportunities allow DCNP members to get honest, unbiased, and helpful feedback about their organization’s website and Facebook page.
Website Once-Over is not currently accepting applications.
- Enhance website and Facebook pages of participating nonprofit organizations through structured, external feedback from students that have attended training on best practices.
- Provide students with a remote critical thinking/civic engagement experience and an opportunity to learn about local organizations.
- DCNP members are invited to apply
- NIU University Honors students decide to participate
- Students receive training from NIU’s Division of Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications
- A student reviews your organization’s website or Facebook page and provides feedback using a standardized form
- Each student sends their review along with recommendations to the organizational contact you provide in your application
The SMOO and WOO process occurs on a rolling basis and can take multiple months depending on interest, student recruitment, etc. Thank you for your patience! Organizations may participate in both and can repeat the experience to gain feedback from new students or to get input after making changes. Depending on demand, there is no guarantee that we can accommodate everyone who expresses interest.
Note: This is not a professional social media audit and there is no guarantee the feedback will result in improved social media engagement. The goal is to provide you with an unbiased review of your Facebook page from the perspective of a student/young adult and to provide the student with a meaningful volunteer experience.